ARC membership is divided between full members and associate members. The full members are regional or local authorities, public administration or any type of body with the majority of public participation, who have an important international airport within or close to their territory. Other organisations that are active in areas related to airports may become associated members.
The criteria for membership of ARC preserves the original aims of the ARC Constitution. ARC expects the applicant for full membership to meet a majority of the following criteria:
The Regional Authority:
– is a strategic planning authority;
– is the tier below the national government;
– has a significant population;
– has a significant overall budget;
– is near to a capital city/regional capital.